Word: Obedience - Your Heart (Monday 3/30)

“Does the LORD delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices as much as in obeying the voice of the LORD? To obey is better than sacrifice…” I Samuel 15:22

God does not desire or need our sacrifices but He desires this, our heart. There may be times where God will test our heart in the area of obedience. Do we obey because we fear the consequences if we don’t obey or do we obey because our heart desires to please and honor Him in everyway?

The challenge today is to obey God and surrender to His ways joyfully and freely because of the overflow of love in our heart we have for Him. Through our own flesh and might it will be impossible to obey in every area but by His Spirit, we can joyfully obey because we love Him.

When it comes to obedience, it is a heart issue. Our heart is what He desires. When we allow God full control and for our hearts to be entirely consumed by Him, obeying comes easier.

Prayer: Dear Father, You do not desire sacrifices, burnt offerings or the things I can bring but you desire this one thing, my heart. I yield to you all of who I am and I declare you have your way with me. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

Comments

Popular Posts