Unpacked

Yea, Yea! We have officially unpacked all of our bags and belongings as of last Monday! Literally. As I stated before, life happens and it happens fast and doesn't stop because we need it to stop. Though there are so many times I'd love to call a "time-out" or "intermission" to get the mundane but necessary tasks of life done and out of the way, we all know, it doesn't quite work that way. So, you do what you can do. 

We moved into our new place mid-March. We set up the basics and essentials and made it comfortable. Our set up sufficed for what was needed at that moment. We had other pressing matters that required more tending to such as new jobs, acclimating ourselves to a new city, finding new doctors, etc. and not to mention, taking care of a newborn! Slowly but surely, as the weeks and months passed, things began to fall into place and we started to feel like we were in a groove of some sort, schedule and routine. Summer then quickly turned into Fall. Our home is always neat and tidy, but not as organized as I'd like. I'm not one of those "out of sight, out of mind" type of gals. I knew full well what was lurking behind those closets and drawers! But after a full work week, it's a challenge to muster up extra energy to go beyond the basic tidy, organize and daily clean up into the realm of really organizing/storing/labeling, etc. We're also limited on space so that made it a little less appealing to roll up our sleeves and dive right in because I needed to use my brains too (which is mush by the weekend) to creatively make more room. I was okay for a while. But a few weeks ago, that nagging feeling began to rise up in me and it started to really, REALLY bug me. It was consuming me. For Pete's sake, summer was over so shorts needed to be put away. Noah is 10 months, so his 6 months clothes, baby carseat, etc. should be neatly stored away. The bar to my closet collapsed under the weight of all the clothes and it was not pretty. Something need to be done, ASAP. We were quite the weekend warriors and got it done! My husband is so very helpful (when it comes to organizing and cleaning, he is quite okay with me bossing him around, Lol). I L-O-V-E that feeling... you know, organization, order, and everything in its proper place. Ooo it feels so good! (If you don't know, I love to clean. It's very calming and therapeutic for me. Perhaps it's the "need for control and order" that I crave, lol). 

So what's all the excitement? Hello, organization is golden! What's more exciting than matching bins, storage boxes, etc. Hahaha. But seriously, in hindsight, I was in "survivor" mode the first few months as we were catching our bearings, but that "grace" period was expiring and I knew it was time. It was time to further settle. In this process of unpacking our physical belongings, something also happened in my heart and mind. (In God's dealings with me, it's typically something in the physical that also translates to something in the spiritual/internal.) I thought I had unpacked my bags (spiritually, mentally and emotionally). I believe that I did. However, I think perhaps there was another layer that needed unpacking. And in God's graciousness and gentleness, He allowed for a series of events, emotional ups and downs, discussing back and forth to come about knowing I needed to be brought to a place of unpacking some more bags ... to further settle and maybe, make more room...for something new and different?!? Who knows. But for sure, I needed to settle and fully unpack. I think I have. I think I was also able to get rid of some bags and store some other bags away for another season/time. And I'm okay. God is very patient with me. 

Last week was a week/weekend of unpacking, packing up, and storing away. And, I'm glad I did. 

Comments

Popular Posts