Word for Today: Our Strength

“Sing for joy to God our strength; shout aloud to the God of Jacob! He says, “I removed the burden from their shoulders; their hands were set free from the basket.” I am the LORD your God, who brought you up out of Egypt, Open wide your mouth and I will fill it.” Psalm 81:1;6;10

As surely as the God of Moses led the Israelites up out of Egypt, the same God will lead you up out of whatever you are facing. You can sing and shout for joy as the burden remover, freedom giver, provider and satisfier during the time of Moses is still the very same God we worship today. Halleluiah for He has not changed.

As we continue to press forward and onward God will give us new strength and joy while on our way because He is our very Strength and Joy. Too often we want to sit and wait to see or feel strength and joy before we actually go about our day in strength and joy. God is reminding us today that we have everything we need because He is our Everything. By faith, we have all things. We need to simply declare our need, thank God for supplying that need and go about our day in faith and by faith believing He has supplied.

God is a good God. He meets us where we are. He has already supplied for our every need. He is simply waiting for us to receive it and then live it out as if we believe we have indeed received. With your own mouth, open wide and allow the Miracle Worker to fill it. Glory!

Prayer: Dear Father, thank you for in you I have everything. Help me to not live by my flesh and what I can see and not see but to live by faith and in the spirit. Let my mouth call forth what you have already granted and may my actions and life reflect my faith in your promises fulfilled in my life this very hour. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

(image: idiomsbykids.com)

Comments

Popular Posts