Word for Today: Worship

“Come and see what God has done, how awesome his works in man’s behalf!” Psalm 66:5

How has your worship been lately? Or let me ask it this way, how have you been responding to God’s love and pursuit?

Worship is not just something we do but it is how we live. In essence, worship is our response - to God, to people and to circumstances. So let me ask you again, how has your worship been lately?

God initiates intimacy in various forms. It could be God Himself, or people He has blessed you with and even at times your circumstance and situation which can serve as a means to draw you closer to the heart of the Father and deeper realization of who He is if you would allow.
















Again, God desires a response from His children. He wants us to respond to His great love, to His acts of kindness and mercy, to His love pursuit, to His blessings and even challenging situations. Worship is our response to the goodness of God. Let’s worship the King of Glory today as we respond to His love and greatness. God does not need what we can give, He just wants us to respond to what He has already done. And what He has done is more than enough.

Prayer: Dear Father, I worship you for who you are and not just what you do for me. Thank you for initiating a love relationship with me. I choose today to respond to your great love as my act of worship. When I am grateful, when I pray, when I have a positive attitude of faith in dark circumstances, when I choose to trust in uncertainty, when I study and work with excellence, when I reach out and show your love and kindness to others, that is my worship unto you. I bless you and worship you alone. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

Comments

Popular Posts