Word for Today: Call to Love



“Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

Christ had every right to not go to the Cross. He had every right to have said, “it isn’t my sin, why should I go.” He could have said, “Why should I die for a people who will never acknowledge and receive my sacrifice?” But in God’s Sovereignty, Christ fulfilled the work of the Father because of Love. Aren’t you thankful that Christ did not merely hold to His right to be right and if He did, we would not be beneficiaries of the Cross today? Christ willingly gave Himself up for us because of Love – The Father (for God is Love) and for us, the apple of the Father’s eye.

Because God is Love, He is also calling us to a ministry of love. He is not asking us to sacrificially give of our bodies as Christ died on the Cross but to give of our flesh and to love as God loves. May God help us today to be imitators of God, living a life of love - in every facet of our life.

Prayer: Dear Father, I bless you for you are Love. I know love because I know you. Help me and give me strength to love as you love. It is all for love and so I will too live a life that is all for love. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

(image: www.authorstream.com/tag/love)

Comments

Popular Posts