Mercy & Outreach


I am excited for the new season God has moved us into. At the beginning of the year God has burdened our hearts even greater for the fight against injustice and to liberate the captives. My husband and I have a huge heart and burden to fight against the wrongs of this world - a righteous anger wells up within us that moves us to action.

At some points, the task can seem overwhelming and the burden too great in thinking how do we go about doing all that needs to be done. God reminded us to continue to do what we are doing, faithfully pray and petition and God will open doors. He will allow us to network with those who have already gone before us - there is no need to re-invent the wheel! Join Him where He is already at work.

Our hearts burden for women - in all sorts of situations and deep pits, orphans, widows and those in dire physical needs of things such as home, food, water, etc. Surely He has been preparing us for what He has prepared for us.

God has perhaps showed us the open door yesterday as a result of a conversation with a sister in Christ. I am humbled at the thought of how God would allow us to partner in what He is doing, to liberate and set the captive free. How my heart is humbled. It is for love and the love of Christ that compels - how I long for the captive to know the Deliver.

I never want to be okay with seeing a young lady downspire into a pit due to the results of abuse as a child. I never want to be okay as I read the statisics of human trafficking. I never want to be okay and settled with the thought of the flood of Christians who live under their God given potential in oppression and depression due to the hand of the enemy. We continue to pray. Our God Reigns!

Comments

Popular Posts