Word for Today: No Time

“…we your people, the sheep of your pasture, will thank you forever and ever, praising your greatness from generation to generation.” Psalm 79:13 (NLT)

If we are thankful and grateful, there is no time and no room for anything less than joy, thankfulness and gratefulness. While yes we all face challenges, difficulties, pain and afflictions and it is natural and okay for us to have feelings of disappointment and sadness but God never intended for those feelings to become our attitude and dictate the way we live. If we continually consider who our God is and the works of His hands, there is no room or time for anything less than an attitude of thankfulness.

May we be people who say, “I don’t have time to be bitter when I think about His goodness. I don’t have time to harbor unforgiveness when I think about the way He has forgiven me. I don’t have time to hold on to the past when I think about the glorious future He has for me. I don’t have time to be anything less than joyful when I think about my God!” Today may God help us to take inventory of our hearts and check our attitude. Do we bear an attitude of thankfulness?

There is no time for bitterness, resentment, anger, unforgiveness, jealousy, sadness, when you are thankful – truly thankful. What God has given you already is more than enough. If God never did anything else in our lives or gave us anything else, we have already been given more than we deserve – salvation, eternal life.

Prayer: Dear Father, I don’t know what else to say but “thank-you.” Thank you, thank you, thank you. I love you my dear Father. Thank-you. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

Comments

Popular Posts