Word for Today: Appreciate

“Let your lives overflow with thanksgiving for all He has done.”Colossians 2:7b (NLT)

I discovered today that October is “Ministry Appreciation Month” as I went to send my husband an e-card. So with that, “I appreciate you and thank-you” since we all have a ministry whether it is at the pulpit, behind a computer, as a student or employee. And then my brain started to reminisce back to a childhood rhyme song that goes like this: “2, 4, 6, 8 who do you appreciate?”

As the rhyme ran through my mind, I couldn’t help but sense God Himself staring down at us today chanting this very rhyme and asking“who do you appreciate?” Let’s take time to make known our appreciation while we have still been given the opportunity. Often times the most powerful words are the simple ones. If words fail you, expressions are not enough and you ain't got a whole lot ofmoney, more often than not, these two powerful words say it all,“thank-you.” A heartfelt "thank-you" goes a long way.

I believe God is looking for a people to bless – those who are thankful, grateful and appreciative. If we cannot prove our appreciation to God for what He has already given to us, how can we expect for Him to give us more? So open your mouth and begin to thank God. “Thank you God for _________” and watch what He does for His thankful children.

May God help us to continually have an attitude of appreciation. Appreciation to our Father and yes appreciation to those around us who have made a difference in our lives.

Prayer: Dear Father, I appreciate you. I thank you for blessing my life and giving me people and resources to live. I appreciate my friends and family and above all, I appreciate you. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

Comments

Popular Posts