Word: Covering (9/25)

“This I declare of the LORD: He alone is my refuge, my place of safety; he is my God and I am trusting him…He will shield you with his wings, He will shelter you with his feathers. His faithful promises are your armor and protection.” Psalm 91:2;4

We all need covering, we all need shelter, and we all need protection. Some days you just want to run and find covering – shelter and protection from all the elements of the world and the craziness of your day. Maybe you feel beat up by the enemy and the things of this world or perhaps you have been beating yourself up for a past mistake or a moment of lapse in good judgment. Nevertheless, find hope in the truth that your Abba Father is your Covering. He longs to come to your rescue and to be your Shelter the moment you acknowledge your need of covering and recognize it is Him and Him alone that can FULLY and COMPLETELY cover you.

Whatever you face today, whether it is a work challenge, relationship strain, financial woes, struggles with a past mistake, or perhaps the hotness of the testing and purifying of your faith, God is your Covering. Run to Him, The One who is able to provide the protection and covering your heart desires.

Prayer: Dear Father, Thank you for you are my everlasting and eternal Father. You cover me and hide me in the shelter of your wing and there my soul is at rest. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

Comments

Popular Posts