Word for Today: Pride

“Pride goes before destruction, and haughtiness before a fall.” Proverbs 16:18

The ride of pride is no ride at all. There is a price to pay – sooner or later. Pride is not always manifested as arrogance or self-righteousness. Pride can be in the form of insecurity and not being honest and transparent for fear of what people may think of us.

Pride says “I got this,” “I can do it on my own” or “I did it on my own.”

Pride. Nothing will throw you off more than that wicked, crazy ride. Get off the ride of pride before you hurt yourself and those around.

Prayer: Dear Father, thank you for your forgiveness is near. Please open my eyes to see the areas in my life where I have been prideful. Whether it be in areas where I have taken credit for myself or areas where I hide for fear of what people may think if they found out the truth. In all things, I desire to submit myself under your authority. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

Comments

Popular Posts