Word for Today: As Yourself

“…whatever other commandment there may be, are summed up in this one rule: love your neighbor as yourself” Romans `3:9b

Do you find it challenging to love people? Do you find it draining and difficult loving people and especially those who are different and “hard” to love? Well then let me ask you this, how well do you love yourself?

I am not talking about arrogance or being conceited but loving yourself as a result of being filled with God’s Love for He is love. Do you love yourself because God made you? Do you enjoy the person you see in the mirror?

May God help us to love ourselves to the point where we overflow and are able to love our neighbors. Get with your God and allow Him to love on you and spill over to those around.

Prayer: Dear Father, Thank you for loving me and for being Love that I may have the capacity to love others. My desire is to love myself as much as you love me so that I may love all those around me. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

Comments

Popular Posts