putting up...

We are selling our home. When we first moved into our home, we knew it was a starter home. Little did we know the full magnitude of what God would mean when He said, "starter" home. This home has been the start of many things, lessons learned, relationships and experiences. Not all were a bed of roses but nothing loss when it comes to God. We are grateful for every single one! It has built, stretched and confirmed who we are.

God has a great way of speaking to us. He'll speak in advance by dropping something in our spirit. We'll pray and sense His peace and continue to move forward keeping in mind what He has already vaguely spoken. And at the appointed time, He will literally say, "it's time, get going" and then we get going. He unfolds the details and sets into motion everything He has been preparing from the first moment He spoke to our spirit. God is merciful and great in how He prepares us in advance. He doesn't give us the entire picture, the "do how," details or timeline. He tells us just enought to confirm we are on the right track, keep us on the right track but not enough where we are not dependent upon Him for every step of the way. What a good Father!

About a month ago after I had finished cleaning the house, I sat to take a break. I looked around and thought to myself, "wow, I really love our house." Then a second thought immediately followed, "we are moving soon."

A few weeks ago I sensed again the urgency to begin looking for apts. near our workplace and finish out projects at home. I shared with my husband. He has been preparing and sensing the same. We both agreed and sensed it was correct. We prayed. He prayed later that night privately and God confirmed to him the next morning.
Today we spent all day cleaning and repairing (on our day off) while everyone had fun and enjoyed the beautiful weather. I was tempted to call it a short day but I am good at being patient and enjoying the fullness of things in its' appropriate and appointed time. Once we are done with our home and it is sold, I'll be able to fully enjoy. I can hold out, for I know it is going to be so much better.

I am thankful for this new season - literally in so many ways. It is new in the physical and spiritual for us. I had a bitter sweet moment while taping a portion of my wall to paint.

Though I am very ready to move on (literally), I had a tender moment of realization that we are moving. We have so many things in our home we had purchased with the intention of unpacking and digging roots. In my heart of hearts I always knew it isn't the appointed time for us but the girl in me still has that desire. I know one day we will be able to "settle" down but for now, God has us on a wild adventure.

Through it all, God is faithful. He knows I am more inclined to playing it safe, settling down, being comfortable as a homebody and having a normal and predictable routine, schedule and life essentially. And then of course, I married the man I married :)
It's funny how God works. He surely has a sense of humor.
I am SO looking forward to not being a homeowner and just enjoying! We are going to do everything we wanted to do when we first moved to Houston. God has us on a fast track, I know it. He is supernaturally accelerating all things so that a great harvest may be reaped. We understand our move (to downsize and have less maintaining, etc. as a homeowner) has everything to do with His Kingdom and what He has been preparing us for.
I am excited at the thought of being carefree - a renter! And at the same time, staying in prayer asking for great favor with our future buyer.


Comments

Popular Posts