Word for Today: Love to the Test

“If you love those who love you, what credit is that you? Even ‘sinners’ love those who love them. Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.” Luke 6:32;36

A true test of love is when we love beyond what people deserve. God is challenging His people to love beyond ourselves, to love beyond what people “deserve” – to love to the full measure unto the great Glory of God!

It is so easy and joyful to love and do good for those who are “loveable.” While that is great, God is constantly stretching and growing us with the intention of molding our hearts to love as He loves. God desires to increase our capacity to love. So don’t be surprised if God allows difficult and hard to love people to cross your path. Yes it will be uncomfortable and your capacity to love and be patient with people will be tested. But what is love- true love worth giving and receiving if it is not tested and tried? Rest in the goodness of God that He will never give us more than we can bear. He will come to our aid as we humbly ask for His grace to give us the strength to allow Him to love through us.

God desires to take us to a whole “nutta” level, and there is nothing that will get us there than being uncomfortable so God can do His work through us as we rely completely on His ability and power. In the days to come, if you confess your love and devotion to God, be prepared for your love to be tested and purified among the Body of Christ.

Prayer: Dear Father, I thank you for taking me from glory to glory and how you desire nothing but your best for my life. You love and care for me enough to test, try and purify my heart so that I may be in a position to receive and be a blessing. Help me to love as you love as I surrender my will and way to you so you can work through me. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

Comments

Popular Posts