Word for Today: He Receives, Not Reject (Wed. 1/28)

"…I will receive you. I will be a Father to you, and you will be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty." 2 Corinthians 6:17b-18

Whether people receive you or not, God does. It IS enough to know that God receives us. Or may I ask you, IS it enough to know that He receives you? Don't answer yet, don't rob yourself by answering too quickly and giving the good "Christian" answer. In your heart of hearts and in the darkest of darks, is it enough for you to know that He receives you, He sees you?

God does not disregard, reject, refuse or abandon us. We are His. He not only receives us for the sake of receiving His "creation," He receives us so that He can be our Father and we His precious sons and daughters. Is that enough to satisfy your deepest desire and longing? Is it enough for you to live and run to fulfill your destiny regardless of what this life may bring?

Whether by the perfect will of God or the permissible will of God, disappointments and heartache will come about regarding relationships or circumstances. But those things were never meant to break our spirit or cause us to never open up and trust again but to prove that He is more than enough.

God is jealous for you. For our own good and very best, He desires to be our everything, our "more than enough." He is enough for He is my Prize, my Portion, my Great Reward.

Prayer: Dear Father, as I walk day by day, I am understanding more and more the greatness of you and the vastness of your love. It is so great I cannot wrap my brain around your infinite and unfailing love. Thank you for walking with me and bringing me to a place where I can say "you alone Oh God are more than enough. I need none other." In Jesus' Name, Amen.

Comments

Popular Posts