Word for Today: Great Delight

"Be brought me into a spacious place; he rescued me because he delighted in me." Psalm 18:19

God delights in you. You are His portion, His very delight.

I am reminded today of the greatness of God's love and His pursuit of me. Everything that happens in my life whether it is by the perfect will of God or the permissible will of God, I believe it is to ultimately bring me to this knowledge, He delights in me. I am the apple of His eye; I am the Father's joy! What indescribable joy that leaves me utterly amazed, in awe and speechless that the King of the Universe, the Lord of all Lord finds delight in me, little old me! Oh how He loves me! Our finite brains will never be able to fully comprehend the greatness of what that concept fully entails but surely what we can grasp and wrap our brain around should motivate and drive us to live in such a way that is worthy of being the Father's delight.

God consistently and daily goes to great lengths to prove His love and affection for us over and over again. Especially in moments when we mess up and fail or are caught smack dab in the middle of sin. His kindness brings us to repentance to which we are restored by the demontration of His unwavering resolve to take us back every time for as many times as we need and it will take for us to believe that we just can't "out sin" His Love. Oh that thought sends chills up my spine!

As I journey with God, He has taught me that truly during the good and the bad times, whether it was brought on by the enemy, my own mistakes or the hand of others, it is all beautiful because God is simply using those times as an opportunity to demonstrate and prove over and over of His great love for me. It is during those very trials and dark nights of the soul are we able to see a fuller and bigger picture of His love as He rescues and brings us through that difficult place. If we never experienced difficulties, we would never know the grace to which we rely on and the love of God that sustains our hearts. He rescues us and saves not only to demonstrate Himself as a great, powerful and mighty God to which He is all of those things. But even more, He rescues, saves and brings us to safety entirely motivated by love and to say to us, "I do this all because I love you and I delight in you."

As God delights in us, He too desires that the feeling is mutual. He longs for us to get to a place where we are not only able to delight in the things He gives – His hand, His blessings but being able to say, God and God alone is my Great Delight!

Prayer: Dear Father, how great is your love for me that I cannot stand in your presence but to fall on my knees in worship. The very thought that you delight and find pleasure in me, my friendship is more than I can contain. Help me to live in such a way that demonstrates for all to see that I am truly the Father's delight. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

Comments

Popular Posts