Word for Today: Don't Need It

"Though you probe my heart and examine me at night, though you test me, you will find nothing; I have resolved that my mouth will not sin." Psalm 17:3

I desire to confidently be able to say to God, "go ahead, probe my heart and examine me at night, though you test me, you will find nothing" because I have resolved to live a life that does not allow this mouth to sin.

God is challenging His people to move beyond the "fear of sin" just because they "fear" the consequence of that sin to the "disgust of sin" because it is living under our God given potential and who we truly are in Christ to the point where we don't "desire or need" to sin because we are entirely satisfied with God alone that anything less than His presence – Him Himself will not do. We do not need to sin because we are completely satisfied in God.

Sin is not simply the act of "wrong-doing." Sin is believing the lie of the enemy that Life can be found a part from a thriving and vibrant relationship with God. When we buy into the counterfeit and "knock-off" of the real deal that the enemy is selling, we buy into his lie that this act or action will yield us some sort of a lasting enjoyment or result. So many people are buying into this counterfeit, including Christians. God desires better for our lives because He sent His only Son to give us a better "quality of life" - the best Life.

Yes God desires for us to enjoy the things of His creation but He never intended for us to exalt the creation beyond the Creator. Here is the bottom line, sin in essence is choosing to live separately from God and His Ways and attempting to find satisfaction in things beyond what it was originally created for. Let's be people who resolve and decide to daily make God the Center and Source of our life. We resolve to not allow anything to exalt itself beyond the place to which God created it for and let's resolve to live a life that declares God and God alone is the True Satisfaction.

How satisfied are you in God that you do not need to sin?

Prayer: Dear Father, You are my Delight and the Source of my joy. Help me to not buy into the lie of the enemy that satisfaction can be found in outward things but knowing my soul is fully content and satisfied in you and you alone. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

Comments

Popular Posts