honor

In due time, in God's time, He makes all things "right" as we choose to honor. It is rewarding and fitting for the children of God to honor and live their life in such a way that honors God but also, we honor one another.

In my own personal life, there have been so many instances where I could have "rightly" spoken out or said something to "justify" myself or clear my name. It has been tempting at times just so I can get some understanding. But I praise God in those moments, God would not allow me to speak. I understood in the process of me "sharing", it could potentially "dishonor" someone else or wounded them. What joy would that be? What rejoicing would there be? Even if I were permitted and right in doing so, how does that bless or even more, how does that protect the unity and Body of Christ? Am I saying that I am called to be a doormat and simply to take in and receive anything and everything that comes my way? No. For the right situations and times, the Spirit will lend discernment and provide the words and perfect time to speak. If the Spirit doesn't, perhaps that is a good indicator to take to God and leave it with Him.

God doesn't want us to simply think "small" and 2 steps in front of us - ex: remedy our current "situation." I think God has always thought on a larger and wider scale- far and beyond what's in front of us, extending and reaching not only into the heavenlies but also the spiritual realm. In my opinion, to truly be called a "leader" or someone who desires to see the Name and Fame of Jesus Christ go beyond my generation and the 4 walls of my ministry, I must think broader, wider, further - on God's playing field in everything that comes my way.

Honor. It may not seem worth it at the time. You may end up making yourself a "martyr" or appear worst than what you are before man, but at the end, I don't live for man. I don't care what man thinks. I desire only what God thinks of me. If He is well-pleased and He is the only one that knows, I am just fine with that. If things are never made "completey clear" or right in my lifetime, it's quite alright because He is so worth it. He is so worth it.

Comments

Popular Posts