everything

My husband had his wisdom teeth taken out. I don't know why but anytime we have anything medically done (surgery of some sort), for a split second I think about the potential risk of fatality. Now hear what I am not saying. I am not morbic where I constantly think about death nor do I curse my husband or family in thinking death is right around the corner. I don't sense that God would allow my husband or myself to "go out" on account of an accident or medical procedure. We going to go out preaching the Gospel! Okay don't get me sidetracked. We have discussed about our funerals and what we would like it to look like. Death is a reality but is not one that consumes or robs me of living. I am entirely secure in my family's whereabouts upon depature from this earth, I do not live in fear.

Okay but that is not where I want to camp out. For a split second when I thought about "death," I began to think about what I would want to be said of me when my times comes. There are many great things but at this very moment, I think I would hope people would say or when they reflect upon my life, it would be said that I was someone who gave my "everything." Yes, I want it to be said that I was someone who gave my all, my everything. Whether it was at work, to my family, my husband, to serve God or even in how I love God and worship Him, I gave it my everything. I would like to think that would give some indicator of a life of passion and truly understanding the measure to which grace and His love has purchased me that I would like in such a way that at every moment, I gave my everything.

Yes, Lord. Let it be said of me that I gave my everything.

Comments

Popular Posts