God's Will...

What better way to figure out if something is for you or not for you than just trying! What a novel idea - not! Oftentimes we can live in fear that we never step out to explore and try in hopes of discovering and uncovering God purpose and ways for your life. What do you have to lose? Nothing at all, bless God!

The Christian life is not perfectly calculating everything and doing it perfect the first time. Yes we should pray and use common sense as we approach things but the Christian life is not for the "weak" at heart or for those who just like chilling and playing it safe on the sidelines. Sure you can be a Christian and never step out beyond your comfort zone but I am not sure if you will be experiencing the full life in abundance in living in the zone of His anointing and His calling. There is nothing more exhilarating than the thrill of discovering what God has created me on this earth for.

I am loved by the King and entirely secure in Him that regardless if I bomb or "fail" or it doesn't work out, I've lost nothing but gained more insight into what I may be created to do.

Some of us struggle with the fear of stepping out into unknown territory for fear of failure and embarrassment. Others, may "fear" the "cost" or hard work that may be required if they do step out and God deems that is something He would like them to continue to pursue. God taught me this lesson when I decided to take a certification test 2 weeks ago. At first I was a bit hesitant for fear of what people would think of me if I didn't pass. That quickly passed because I know this test does not define who I am - it adds nothing nor does it take away- praise God! But what got me thinking was this, "what if I DO pass and I have no idea what I am doing." I sat there for a few minutes and just prayed. I sensed God say, "yo dude, don't you know I got your back by now? Why would I willingly allow you to go through something and not properly equip you to carry it through?" It just made sense. It wasn't that I lacked faith or trust in God, for a split second I lacked faith in God's ability to work in and through me - I focused on my ability and my knowledge and not God's ability and knowledge through me. I have nothing to loose. If I don't pass, God says, "it's not for you." If I do pass, I don't need to freak out even though I have no idea what I am doing I can trust in God that He wouldn't have allowed me to pass if He wasn't going to provide and equip me with what I need to do it well. He is such a GOOD Father, constantly setting me up for success - there will be stretching and hard work but He already knows how it will end up, and it looks great for the Father planned it.

Again I am reminded that God has way more faith and trust in me than I have in myself.

Comments

Popular Posts