Word for Today: Lip Service

"Love must be sincere…" Romans 12:9a

God desires for every aspect of our life to match up. He desires what we say to also be reflected in how we live and conduct ourselves, whether in public or private.

God has challenged me today with this thought of "lip service." May God help us not to become a people who merely draw near to God with just our lips and words; having an external form of godliness but our lives lack fruit bearing a life as such. May God expose and uncover the layers and film that keeps us from authentically loving our God which directly affects the way that we love those around us. God is a gentle God, His grace is given freely and without discrimination to all that desire. Plead the blood of Jesus and rely on His unending grace.

Wherever you find yourself today, ask God to open your spiritual eyes that you may be able to objectively and honestly take inventory of your life. The enemy will attempt to throw thoughts of condemnation, guilt and whisper lies such as hypocrite, "bad" christian or even invoke fear or intimidation as you think about areas that you need God to help you with. Do not be dismay and discouraged, the enemy is a defeated foe and with your lips rebuke and cast out those thoughts that are not from God. Rather than think it a negative if God reveals something to your mind, consider it a blessing that God still loves you and has a great plan for your life. If not, why else would He show you something to change if He did not have a purpose for it? Halleluiah! It's a good thing if it is a God thing.

You are not alone. May the power of the Holy Spirit infuse and strengthen you to be moved to action seeking a life that aligns in all aspects. No more lip service, God desires authenticity from the inside out.

Prayer: Thank you Father for you love me as I am right where I am but at the same time, you love me too much to leave me the same. Help me to align my life in every aspect from the way I live, talk, treat others and ultimately love them. I trust in the power of the Cross that enables me to do what I cannot do on my own. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

Comments

Popular Posts