didn't get to finish...1/5/2009

This was a word I started yesterday but didn't get to finish because I had to run to a doctors appointment. Nonetheless, here it is in bits and pieces...

Word for Today: Comfortable

“My soul yearns, even faints, for the courts of the LORD: my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God.” Psalms 84:2

I don’t ever want to find myself in a comfortable place of not needing God in order to operate or function. I don’t ever want to be okay living without God. I don’t ever want to come to a point where my being no longer craves the presence of God or cares for His loving touch. May we never be comfortable and satisfied with anything less than God Himself.

It is dangerous when we find ourselves accustomed and comfortable to the things that do not draw us closer to God. God is speaking to us today to assess what things and areas have we become “comfortable” with.

If you find yourself in an “uncomfortable” place today, consider that something to praise God for. It means you have not grown too comfortable or accustomed that you are no longer sensitive to the Holy Spirit’s prompting and the Potter’s hand.

Comments

Popular Posts