Public Speaking

Public Speaking...not my strongest point...yet! In Jesus Name :) I get a little nervous, speed up and sometimes forget what I need to say. BUUUUTTT I know my God will help me.

Tonights FNL program is a bit different. All of our "main" leaders will be in a meeting. God is neat how He works.

About mid afternoon, I had a feeling that I would be called upon to open up for tonight. How God is funny in how He totally makes us practice what we preach (Camp Small Group) and how is allows and provide ways for us to be stretched and sent out of our comfort zone...for His Glory and for our own good!! What glory does it bring to God if all I do are the things in my own capability and not in His capability working through me.

I hear ya God, I hear ya. I resolve in my heart I must start somewhere. If I dream to be able to minister and speak to 100's and maybe even 1000's of women, I must start somewhere. Tonight, is my new beginning, my new start. I choose to obey and to trust that my capable and living God will work through me. Fully yielded, stepping out and in faith, surrendered unto Him.

I know to some this "speaking" deal is not a big deal but I take everything I do for the Lord seriously and with much passion. I pray for every small thing b/c I know full well what I can do in my own strength and what I need God to do through me...and that is a whole lot!

Regardless the "outcome" my God loves me still. The first time ever doing something is always the hardest. I am getting my "first" out of the way.

The one thing I LOVE about VBC is how our Senior Pastor and the Church Council - and actually the church as a whole embraces and empowers our people - regardless of age and experience or lack of to step out and up in various roles and responsibilities. I have been priviledge to have learned and done so much in the past 2 years. Praise God.

May He help me to continually see all things as an opportunity and an investment rather than a burden and a sacrafice. To God be the glory!

Comments

Popular Posts