Germ-a-phobic

So this incrediblly nasty bug has been going around and it caught me. I can't escape when I come to work and when I go home, my entire household caught the bug. Praise the Lord I am feeling much better today. I have laid low & have eaten nothing but soup.

I must confess, I can be a bit of a germ-a-phobic (ask my poor husband). Hearing all of the sniffles, coughing has kind of grossed me out. To make matter worst, some coworkers have been wearing masks at work to keep from spreading their germs!

I felt this intense urgency to go home yesterday and disinfect my entire house...again! I did. I ran and bought Lysol wipes and went to town the moment I stepped foot - in my car! I wiped down my car. The guy at the stoplight must have thought I was insane. Every doorknob, ever square inch of my home was touched. That didn't satisfy me. I remained in my room all evening for not wanting to spread or catch germs from the other parts of the house. Even this morning coming into work I felt as if the germs were catching up and trapping me. I allowed my imagination to go wild with thoughts of germs squirming all around that I literally almost made myself sick again - in the head. It was all mental. Wow!

I am reminded the power of our thoughts and the mind. If we think and ponder long enough on certain things, it will soon become "real" in our minds and we will begin to live it out - whether it is real or not. The power of the mind. It was all in my head. Yes, germs ARE all around but when is it not? I made it worst by allowing my thoughts to wonder so far off from reality that it almost made me physically ill again. That is why it is so imperative that we renew our minds to be that of Christ daily by spending time in His Word. And throughout the day, if there are any thoughts that are not of Him, to take it captive immediately to the obedience of Jesus Christ. The enemy loves to plant a seed of thought - in hopes we will grab hold and run with it - his lie, his deception. The objective of the enemy is to paralyze us from being "active" - whatever "active" may mean to you.

Do you have your thoughts or do your thoughts have you?

P.S. I still Lysol and wipe everything down :) God gave me a brain too :)

Comments

Popular Posts