Getting out

God has pressed on my heart so much about "getting out." Getting out of the 4 walls of a church building and begin ministering and bringing people into the Kingdom of God. Jesus never relied on church programs, events and a specified meeting hall. He was out and about and He ministered where ever He went.

I had a chance last week to go to 2 sep. youth's b-ball game. I enjoyed it SO much. It was great to be a support to the girls. Praise God it was a bonus that both girls won their games! I prayed...it was the first games they ever let me go see, so it was a bonus they won - for their encouragement.

I have been out of school for a while. I was reminded how challenging it is to be a christian in school these days. Wow, they need our support and prayers! I had a chance to talk to some of the students and observe them. How they desparetly need direction and Jesus. I need to be actively more involved in the youth's school in order to help and support them to be witnesses. About 6 months ago God put on my heart this idea of perhaps being able to "minister" on UH campus. Perhaps God is showing me the way He would like me to go about this on campus ministry is to simply be among them. In my mind I kept thinking "ministry" is to start up something there - an event, a bible study etc. yes, that may be true in some cases but as I keep asking of the Lord and it seems as if He keeps confirming, it seems He is saying just spend time with them, build a relationship, get to know them and invite them a program that already works and is in place - FNL! How funny b/c I remember having that exact conversation with a young lady about her decision whether God has called her to continue to serve on a campus ministry at school or not. Those words spoken were for her but for me too! This is not the first time God has done this. I remember vividly a Holy Spirit inspired conversation w/ Diem and Smithville. Those words were for me too!

Wow! I praise God for my husband and how he has taught me many things. I have been praying more often the same words he prays which I find so much truth and direction in regards to seeking God's will and serving the Lord. My husband prays "Lord, help me to see where you are at work that I may join you." God is not asking us to "develop" new things on our own, He is simply asking me to stay connected and so close to Him that I will be able to discern and sense what He is already doing and setting up that all I need to do is join Him in obedience! God truly is for our success and He is truly all about equipping and helping us to excel in Him!

So...what does this mean? I don't know. All I know is that God gave me a car for a reason. He placed in my heart a desire and joy to meet and hang out with people and to get into their world. So that is what I will do - continue what I am doing and in the process, I am seeking Him and ways to serve Him in those opportunities.

Comments

Popular Posts