Excellency

I believe in 2008 God is calling us - me to excellency. To do a few things but to do it well, with excellency and joy.

This will require change, adjusting, reflection and it will be uncomfortable and quite "awkward" but so necessary. I think as Christians we can get so caught up in doing so many "things" that we get dangerously close to burn out and things become a chore and a burden rather than a joy and a privilege. May God help us - me to find the balance.

God has also challenged and burdened my heart so much to voice the need as a church to help create and foster an environment where we release our members to spend time with their family & especially those they are praying into salvation. We need to release people to go and be proactive in their faith. Put into action right away what they have learned.

Growing up as a pastor's kid I understand the blur and the fine line of church/God/family all jumbled into one. As I age and begin to think about my own family and future kids, I want to be 100% there for my kids and family. This has been such a struggle for me but it is vital that we get our priorities back in order. I once heard the church is only as strong as the family. It is God, family, then ministry. As hard as that has been because my heart beats for ministry but I have also experienced the dangers of burn out and allowing ministry to take precedence over my marriage. I do not regret or fault anything learned thus far, but I have taken those experiences to heart. I simply had to come to a point where I stopped beating myself up and playing the guilt trip on myself when I needed to tend to my family or spend time with my husband. The reality is I am no good for anyone when I am not connected with my family - my husband. The love tank must be filled first by my personal relationship with my God, then my family in order that I may overflow in my ministry.

Comments

Unknown said…
Well said!
Hope to hear from you soon! :)

Popular Posts