Word for Today: The Masses

When he saw the crowds, he had compassion on them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd. Then he said to his disciples, "The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few.” Matthew 9:36-37


May God give us a renewed passion for the lost, oppressed and afflicted. May we be filled with holy passion that leads to honest compassion that we may live. To truly live out our God purposed life knowing that someone is counting on us to do our part.


Today, live for something greater than yourself and live beyond yourself. Let’s not be a people who seek our own personal agenda, name and fame, even as we do the things of God. The anointing God gives is to enable us to do His work effectively. So get over yourself and begin to live beyond yourself. It’s not about you.


May God help us to serve with deep love and compassion not out of pity but out of love. We serve and outreach because we sincerely desire to benefit that individual, period. No other reason but because the love of Christ compels us.


Prayer: Dear Father, forgive me for when I have made things about me even at times when I was unaware. I seek to glorify you and to bless those around me for that sole reason. Sanctify and cleanse all that I do in your name that it would truly be for you and the benefit of the one you have graciously allowed me to serve. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

Comments

Popular Posts