Nephew


This is the email I received from my 10 year old nephew Timothy. I read it at work -I cried, how can you not. I find myself tearing up as I type this. I love my family - there is no question.

It was a year since I last saw my family. I believe the sensitivity of my heart is God's gentle reminder & prompting to pray for family, friends & the church back home - so many in need of Christ - a true encounter. Somewhere along the way I got caught up in my own world and "forgot" there are needs & ppl who need prayer outside the 4 walls of my world in Houston. Praise God, I needed the reminder.

It is strange, I can't explain how my heart feels. It is not a "homesick" ache it is a deep longing to see God & His presence known. For ppl to know Him - not religion, to experience Him & the greatness of His fellowship & presence.

It is so easy to become complacent or take for granted the blessings we have if that is all we see day in and day out. But it takes leaving & then coming back for a fresh set of eyes to see things differently - to value & cherish it. We have it so good.

Wednesday 9/5/2007
Timothy writes...
"LOVE YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WANT YOU TO VISIT AGAIN SO PLEASE COME I CANT STOP CRYING I WANT YOU TO COME BACK I MISS YOU VERY MUCH PLEASE COME BACK SOON.LOVE TIMOTHY I MISS YOU"

Monday 9/10/2007
Timothy writes...
" REALLY WANT YOU TO COME PLEASE I LOVE YOU AND I MISS YOU VERY MUCH.I AM CRYING EVERYDAY I MISS YOU VERY MUCH.I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!"

I am blessed to be loved & missed.

Comments

Popular Posts