Spiritual Gift

The spiritual gift God has given you is not an indicator of your spiritual maturity. Rather, how you choose to use that God given gift is an indicator. All gifts are from God - therefore each hold the same value & significance in God's eyes.

God gave me that thought today as I was in a lunchtime bible study at work. Praise the Lord - I sensed that misconception needed to be clarified. A lady who walked back with me after bible study was encouraged & was "relieved" b/c she had no clue what her spiritual gift was & was feeling a bit discouraged as to her "spiritual" state. I promised to give her a copy of a spiritual gifts test I did a couple of years back that has helped me to recognize what my gifting may be. However, the "true" test is when we actually put it into practice - seeing if it bears fruit & if it is satisfying to our spirit.

Praise God for His word today - how true we often think the gifting God has given someone else is somehow "better" or more important than perhaps the one we have. In God's eyes, we are all the same. We are apart of the Body of Christ - each serving a different function, all equally valuable & significant. I believe the world view often times puts differing scales to measure a person's worth by what they can "do" or can't do or perhaps certain talents that seem more prestigious than others. The dude that takes out the trash at church is EQUAL to the man or woman that stands in front of the pulpit. It is the measure to which our heart serves the Lord in our gifting that counts before God.

Comments

Popular Posts