Family

I had a great conversation with my mom today. It is amazing how God moves us from mother-daugther to sister/friend. It was good to have my mom share the things of home but at the same time it was difficult b/c I am not there to help. God is Savior, not Sue. I must remember that. I hung up the phone & just cried. But as I cried I praised God & I CHOSE to trust Him & to surrender all to Him. An amazing peace overwhelmed me as I declared my God is control - I am not. What a HUGE burden alleviated from my shoulders & my heart was at ease. I cried not out of sadness of hopelessnes but the manifestation of the ache & longing of my heart for God. I was moved with urgency to pray. God is a God of prayer.

I am learning more and more about boundries & surrendering & submitting all things into God's loving & competent hands. Praise the Lord - what a HUGE burden reliever. I was not meant to carry those burdens nor created with the capacity to do so. I thank God for truly moving me to a place of complete trust & surrendering.

When it comes to my family, I find it increasingly difficult to "let go." I believe it stems from my deep love & care for them. I find myself willing to sacrafice all that I have for them.

Somewhere in my mind I think if I hold on, "worry" or allow myself to be consumed - that shows true love & care. That is a lie & a deception from the enemy because it leaves me utterly depleted of joy & strength - I am tired & weary. I have resorted to trusting in my own limited ability & knowledge. Essentially, living independently of God when I choose to take care of things on my own. We don't intentionally or consciously know that is what we are doing but it is.

I am trusting God. Crazy it may sound to this world & even opposite to what is "logical" but peace & lightness takes place when I relinquish control & basically, let go. Not giving up, but letting go into the Hands of the One Who does know - my Savior.

Comments

Popular Posts