Hotdog :) yeah, a hotdog!

I feel as if God often times ask me to do the most random and strangest things ever - I know He is testing my obedience & my heart - do I really love Him & love ppl the way I claim I do. God you are too funny.

So I brought a ex-long chili coney hotdog from Sonic to work. I precut the hotdog in half to make it easier to fit in my tubberware. As I am walking back to my desk to devour my food, God says, "offer the other half to your co-worker." I thought, "are you kidding me God." That is going to be so strange & random. I sat down at my desk & tried to "talk" myself out of it. At that very moment, I turned around, asked my co-worker, "would you like to share a hogdog with me?" She was a bit reluctant at first - kind of "embarrassed" but then she eagerly said "yes!" Come to find out, she forgot her lunch at home.

As I went to portion her hotdog, one was a bit longer than the other & the short hotdog was tipped over and a bit "messy." She would have never known which hotdog I chose to give her but God would :) The test of my heart :) OF COURSE I gave her the longer and pretty hotdog. God already got me to be obedient to ask her if she wanted a hotdog, I mind as well complete the job to the fullest.

Something simple and even quite silly I know but nonetheless, an act of obedience. As I serve the Lord & live in obedience to Him - I believe God is far more concerned about the condition of my heart & the excellency of the service I offer unto Him rather than the fact I simply "did" what I was told. Praise the Lord. May we serve the Lord in obedience with JOY & excellency - giving Him the very best!

Comments

Popular Posts