Angel

Praise Report & Faith Builder Story:

1. Last night a sister called to ask for prayer for her baby who went to the doctor earlier to receive immunization shots. Her baby was not her normal self, a bit uncomfortable & not at ease. The call was received at 10pm. I normally leave my phone in my purse & rarely check but after finishing my time in prayer I immediately grabbed my phone from my purse to charge it up when I reazlied I had a voicemessage. It was about 11:55ish pm when I saw the missed call & began praying instantly. I asked my husband to join in prayer as well about midnight or so. I remembering my husband specifically praying that God would send His angels to watch over her & to surround her to give her peace.

This afternoon I called to check on her baby. Even before I told her the time we prayed, she praised God that her baby cracked a smile around midnight for the first time since coming home from the doctors!! Praise you Lord - that was You God!!! I shared it with my husband today & he smiled, saying perhaps she saw an angel of God and smiled. I continue to pray for the baby's complete wholeness - in Jesus Name it is done!!

2. The Wed. before I left for NC (8/29) I called a sister to see how she was doing. I had taken the day off to get ready for our trip. The week prior, this sister sent me an email asking for prayer and shared with me some things regarding her experience with seeking a church to attend. I remember receiving the email & for the first time in a long time I wasn't quite sure how to respond. Glory to God, God makes it easy for me to communicate via email - in writing more so than in words. I can't help but believe that has something to do with a word of blessing & prophecy spoken over me at Winter Camp 2006. I have come to learn that when words don't come, I won't even attempt to write something for the sake of doing so.

I am normally great with replying to emails too - w/in the day or so. But this one was not coming & it had already been a week or so. I even tried to sit down and type an email that Wed. mid morning - nothing was coming but I knew I needed to speak with her b/c I was getting ready to be away for a week.

I decided to call her about 4:30pm. I said a quick prayer asking God to lead our conversation. No surprise, He faithfully did!! God is so good. The words and explanation came so freely & it made sense :) It was def. not Sue's words - I told her that too!! :) Holy Spirit inspired. The amazing thing is the very things that I was speaking & declaring to her from what I sensed God was giving me - a week later driving home from work, God spoke to my heart & He said: "the things I spoke through you to that sister was not just for that sister only, that was for you." Praise the Lord! I believe God wants to accelerate so many things b/c He has such an incredible plan He wants to accomplish through me. I believe God wants to take me out of every comfort zone, every place I am familiar with - including experience, ppl, surrounding, lifesytle & literally transplant me to a new place in order that He may accelerate my growth by causing me to rely completely upon Him and Him alone. Is that not what He is doing? Oh man, you are too funny God. Great reminder of the extent to which God will go to get us all to Himself - for our benefit.

So during the course of that conversation I told her I sensed in my spirit that her mom's salvation is near. I believe that God wants to use her to witness to her family by simply living her life & praying for them. But I sensed as she is away, God has put this strange desire in my heart to want to hang out or call her mom from time to time. I believe for her mom, the key is loving her to Jesus. Living it out - letting her see that Christians are normal ppl. So I told her the next time she comes back, she has got to invite me to dinner with her and her mom so I can reconnect with her so it won't be strange when I call her up. I told my friend, that sounds crazy huh? She was a bit hesitant at first but she chuckled and agreed - she liked it. I really didn't know how things would unfold - I just acted on faith. At that point, I did what I was suppose to do, the rest was God's part :)

So this past weekend I heard my friend was back in town & she would be coming to church on Sunday. The thought crossed my mind "but we didn't go out" but I didnt' think anymore than that. Sunday night I texted her to make sure she got back to school safely - she texted me Monday saying she has something to share about something that happened this weekend. Here is a portion of her email:

"So, when I came home from eating dim sum on Sunday. I was just hanging out at home before going back on the road." My mom was asking me how was church? She even slipped in there that maybe she will go with me next time I'm in town. And then said how is Sue? I've been praying about ya'lls meeting again. And didn't know how it was going to be brought up. =] I told her you missed her and then she said oh yea, I miss her too. And then told her about having dinner with you the next time I'm in town. She said yea, the next time I'm in town we should have dinner with you!!!!!!!"

Praise the Lord!! I even told my friend that God has given me a favor with older VN ppl. It just comes very natural and easy for me to talk with them. I can't help but think that God placed that in me for such a time as now!!! He did. He brings all things full circle - in His timing. Nothing is wasted in God's eyes, He can use all things and He will if we allow Him and are sensitive to His leading.

My friend is coming back next weekend - her spiritual bday, how cute!!! We shall pray for that date.

I know through her life, she will bring her entire family into Salvation - they just don't know it yet!

Comments

Popular Posts