College Friend

Dude, I am not great about keeping in touch with friends from back home. I just spoke with my college roommate after about 2 years! Yikes, how crazy. Praise the Lord for the opportunity to speak with her tonight.

I emailed her a couple of weeks back & she just replied back to me. I received her email tonight. The Holy Spirit prompted me to email her right back. I attempted 4 times and the final attempt - I was 1 sentence away & I lost the entire email! I believe the enemy didn't want me to send her that email. The thought of recreating that entire email was daunting. I looked at the clock and it was 11pm her time - too late to call. I went back into my inbox & saw she just forwarded me an email - she is up! I called. If you know me, I am not much of a phone person, esp. if it is a lot of catching up - not that I don't want to but if it is late & I am on a short time frame, I'd rather wait or send an email. But God prompted me to just call. I called, she answered! We just got off the phone - talked about 45 minutes. We shared & caught up a bit. I SO want her to come to Revival Conference, something in my spirit says she needs to be here. I am trusting God will work it out if it is His will. I am praying :)

Praise the Lord God has helped me to develop this habit of praying for ppl right away, even on the phone if in the course of the conversation I tell them I will pray. Don't you hate it when you tell someone you will pray for them - with the utmost intention of doing so but walk away & totally forget & not pray to have them come up to you later to ask if you prayed or thank you for praying and you didn't? Oh man. To avoid that situation, I just pray right there on the phone. It actually helps me to remember to pray for them later on too.

So I had an opportunity to pray for her & for the migraines she has been suffering for over 5 plus years! In faith, she is healed - Lord manifest it in the physical.

I just got off the phone about 5 minutes ago. As I was literally typing this blog, God spoke! He is so funny. At the beginning of this blog, I was so convinced the enemy didn't want me to send the email. But I laugh b/c I believe God didn't want me to send an email - impersonal but He wanted me to call her!! God has a great way of working :) I thank Him for prompting & for helping me to be obedient. Just to think, if God allowed the email to go through, I wouldn't have been able to pray for her & for her healing. Surely God knows the needs of every Child of His. I am grateful He used me & allowed me to be His instrument.

God longs to use us. He longs to include us not only in His plan of salvation - reconciliation but for us to be His tangible hands & lips of love & blessing. Praise you Lord! To think, I could have missed out, but I didn't - b/c my God is good!!

Comments

Popular Posts