Word: Calm Under Pressure (Tues. 3/10)

“I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry.” Psalm 40:1

What better way to attest the goodness and Sovereignty of God than when we are calm under pressure. When chaos and pressure rises, when we choose to remain calm and collected, we testify to the world that our God is in control.

There will be times when we feel everything may be closing in on us and we need room to breath. May the Peace of Christ well up in our hearts and take over our emotions, feelings and supersede our current situation.

God challenges His people to live and respond differently than the world. The world says when a crisis comes, panic, shout, wail, complain and forecast doom and gloom. However as God’s people, we can be confident in the day of chaos and crisis. What is the basis of our confidence? God’s character and His unfailing love. We must choose to trust God and to trust in Him. In the midst of our situation/crisis, when we acknowledge that God is God and re-focus our eyes upon Him, His peace begins to take over. Surely we are not to pretend and conceal our problems but when they come about, we can give God glory and represent Him well in how we choose to see the problem and respond to it.

During crisis and pressure, some view it as a “let down.” God is saying today, “it’s a set up” to take you to a whole ‘nother level in Christ!

Prayer: Dear Father, I thank you for in every situation and circumstance, I choose to believe and see it as a “set up” by you God for great things. But even more, it is a set up for the world to see in and through my life your goodness, sovereignty and faithfulness. Help me to remain calm when things don’t quite work out the way I anticipate but to confidently wait on you knowing you are working it out in my favor. I bless you. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

Comments

Popular Posts