if only...

Don't wait until it's too late to tell the one's you love that you love them. Don't hold back what you can do now for we are not guaranteed tomorrow. What a shame to not take advantage of the now and this moment to speak words desired but held back. I pray you won't wait too long where you may risk placing yourself in the "if only..." situation without an opportunity.

I had a split second "scare." My heart was at peace but of course there is always that concern. It's not normal for my mom not to call me or for me to call my mom. I haven't been able to get in touch with her the past few days. I have been quite busy so I didn't give it much thought. I called again today and was not able to reach her. I called other family members and was not able to reach anyone either. Finally I get a hold of my dad and he asks me if I have spoken to my mom because he can't get a hold of her. I am here in TX and they are all in NC and no one seems to know where my mom is. I call my sister again and praise God she picks up. Comes to find out my mom's cell phone is acting up. How amazing within minutes my mind raced from concern to potential loss. I was relieved to hear my mom is well.

I love my mom. We are close - we get one another w/o the need for many words. I think she can complete my thought and I her. There are many things a quick phone conversation can't do justice but somehow in God's goodness, He allows my mom to understand eveything I am facing or experiencing without me speaking of it at all. That is a mark of a godly, praying women. There is nothing like the comfort of your mom - regardless of your age.

As silly as this may sound, it wasn't until a few months ago I began to speak back to my mom the words "I love you." She would end our quick conversation with "I love you" but it's so weird for me to speak it back. Don't get me wrong, I love my mom. We never grew up being openly affectionate and emotional - especially with words. My family is a "do-er" - that's how you show love. Ever since moving to TX 3 years ago, God began to really bring to my mind how important it is for me to set my parents free by initating things and words they desire to speak but don't know how.

I am visiting my family in June. I look forward to spending Father's Day with my dad. I have decided to fly into town a day earlier than my husband. This will give me an entire day to spend with my mom. The last phone conversation I had with my mom she ended with saying she missed me. I can't recall my mom ever using those actual words though I know that she does miss me. My parents love me deeply. They blessed me to move to TX knowing and trusting that God called. They respectfully, lovingly and prayerfully supported me over the past few years. I am thankful for this new season and for what God has done which has now lended me an opportunity to share with my parents the journey thus far. It was challening in the process. They are my parents and they care for me. But I chose to wait upon God and my parents were awesome in understanding God knows best and I am safe in His care.

Why am I sharing this? I don't really know why. Other than love your parents and tell them. I honor my parents for how they trust God. They are such godly examples of parents who have great faith in God.

Comments

Popular Posts