fasting

Several months ago I began to ask God this question, "what am I not doing?"

When I asked God this question, it was specifically in response to the vision/calling and destiny to which I know God has called me. God has led me on this journey of preparing me for what He has prepared for me. As the years go by, the vision/dream becomes greater and closer - so close as if I can taste it. I praise God for the past 3 years, the vision/dream has become closer and over the past few months, the vision/dream is so close I feel I could reach out my hand and grab it but yet there appears to be something in the "way."

At this point, there is no doubt in my mind of the reality of the vision/dream. I understand the concept of season, timing, and preparation - the appointed time. Even with all of the words of confirmation prayed over us the past few months, I still felt as if there was something in the "way" or perhaps something I wasn't doing to properly position myself for that breakout. I have had my "breakdown" season so that my breakthrough season could come about now I am waiting for my "breakout."

I felt in my spirit as I asked God that question it was something He wanted me to "do." I began to ask and talk out loud to God. Do you want me to "read" more. Study more. Help with this or that. Take classes, start this or what? Pray more? Worship with greater intenstity? While all of those things are great and well but I am already doing those things and in my spirit I didn't feel that was it.

It was a the C3 conference when it hit me mid-sentence as I was talking to God, trevailing in prayer through fasting. God said for my situation, fasting is the key element. It made sense. It clicked.

We need to understand and practice this powerful principle of fasting. There are only some things that fasting can bring about. There is no doubt that God is up to great things. There is no doubt that revival, salvation, a revoluation is about to take place. There is no doubt or question regarding all of the words of prophecy spoken and whether God desires to see it come about. God has spoken it but there must be feet to our faith and we must "work" it out and one way is through fasting.

We are in a harvest season. Harvest does not come about sitting around - we must do something. Too many will fall into discouragement if they don't understand the different seasons and operate accordingly. Words of prophecy are great but they are just that words if we don't position ourselves under God and intentionally work it out.

I am encouraged to hear of many that have begun to fast & pray. God is so ready and has done His part, He is waiting for His people to up it up and show Him how badly and despartely we want what He has already set forth for us.

Jentzen Franklin book on Fasting is a great resource.

Comments

Popular Posts