Turning of the Tide

MSG from Monday 8/13/2007

I sense in my spirit a turning of the tide - in my favor. Praise the Lord!! God has really been dealing with me in regards to various areas in my personal life. I was feeling a bit discouraged - things were not quite happening as quickly as I would have hoped, but praise God I did not have the spirit of defeat or hopelessness. I just needed a little encouragement & push to strengthen me to keep pressing. God knew just what I needed & He graciously gave it to me. I heard from two great sisters in Christ today that uplifted my spirits. Sisters in Christ are so precious & valuable.

I had a chance to talk with Rose today. Oh how I have missed her friendship & presence. I find myself a bit envious of Taylor of how much time she gets with Rose. How silly of me, Taylor is her baby! :) Her newborn baby - going on 7 weeks old. How a good friend cheers my spirit. I find so much comfort in her friendship. We serve together at the same church so there are many things we share & simply understand for one another. I have felt a bit "lost" while she has been away on maternity leave but that makes me appreciate her all the more. What would I do without her friendship? I don't want to even consider that thought. Often times during a busy Sunday of ministry - just a glance from her or a hello brings joy & warmth to my heart. Kind of sounds like I am talking about my husband, but no, my girlfriend. My husband gives me a different type of comfort - a protector. For Rose, a confidant, a trustworthy friend, a true sister. How I am blessed. The funny thing is before moving to Houston, I didn't think we would have too many things in common. How God works :)

I have been missing home lately - esp. friends from back home. One in particular, Becky. I just kept thinking about her so I sent her an email today. I have been thinking about away to visit her.... so she emailed me back & come to find out today was her b-day. I know, some friend I am. I have not been so good with dates lately. Praise God for grace. She was not upset, very gentle & simply praised God for the wonderful b-day gift of hearing from me. God has an interesting way of working. It was not random that He placed her on my heart. I trust & believe that God will give me an opp. to visit her soon. She is one of the best girls you will ever meet. So wise beyond her years. She has a caring and nurturing spirit but very straightforward at the same time & she manages to do all of that in love with gentleness. She is currently teaching elementary kids but has been pursuing a counseling degree. She will prayerfully begin counseling as a profession next year. Counseling is SO in line with the way our Creator has made her. Dangerous combination - she is a strong believer & is armed with the power & authority in Jesus Christ. God is going to use her in even greater & amazing way than He already has. I wouldn't be surprised if she begins writing & publishing. Oh man, makes me think of a dream we had a while back that her and I would hook up & publish something together....

Comments

Popular Posts