Perfect Stranger

We were blessed to have been invited to a fellow church members house for dinner yesterday along with our pastor's family. We had some good grubbing - steaks, catfish, shrimp, battered shrimp, and crabs. Dude, they know how to eat & definitely know how to treat their guests well! Praise the Lord.

It was an encouragement for them to think of us. We were thankful for the opp. to get to know them outside of the 4 walls of church. I pray for more opportunities as such.

So we drive up to their house & park alongside the street across from the neighbor's house of the family we are visiting. As my husband & I walk towards the house, we hear these kids groan something from their house. We thought they were playing around but as we got closer to the house, we heard them say "move your car, move your car." It wasn't rude, demanding, loud or obnoxious, it was just weird & strange. Anh Dat & I looked at each other & were like, "is this for real or a joke?" I think we were a bit confused & felt a bit silly. Nonetheless, I waited for Anh Dat as he got back in the car & moved it closer to the curb alongside of the neighbor's house to the right of the house we were visiting. That was the end of that. We didn't think anything else of the strange voices from the other house. We enjoyed our dinner & saw LOTS of blackmail photos of David N. as a young lad :)

About 9pm we start to head out as we live a good ways away. We make our way towards the direction of our car & notice by that time the house we parked in front of had a gathering of their own - we were wedged b/w two different cars. My husband looks at me & says, "I guess they had a party too." As we head towards the car, a young lady - probably 14-16 yrs was sitting in her driveway near the street, legs curled up to her chest & with her head resting on top of her knees. She politely ask if we needed any cars moved so we can get out & we replied we are ok, we are actually sorry for taking up some of their space. Anh Dat makes his way to the passenger side of the car to open the door for me - something in me prompted me to ask the young lady if she was ok. I turn around & say, "are you ok?" She replied, "um no, my grandfather just died." I expressed my sympathy. She commented with tears "it is ok, he is in a better place." I make my ways to the car a little more but then turned around and introduced myself & asked her name & made my way back to herto give her a hug. I told her "God Bless you" & asked what her grandfather's name was. I commented she must have great memories of him, she said yes - I managed to get a chuckle out of her.

Amanda is her name. Anh Dat & I got into our car & drove off blessing the family we just visited & asked God to comfort Amanda & her family.

I felt so satisfied & was amazed at how everything just came about so naturally - I didn't even have to think about it. It was such a great reminder of what our pastor keeps teaching- going out the hwys & byways sharing the love of Christ. I think Amanda is a believer, somehow I think God orchestrated all of those events, right down to our parking space to the time we left the house to meet Amanda to be a messenger & reminder from God that He cares & He sees her- through a perfect stranger.

Praise the Lord I was His instrument.

Comments

Popular Posts