Simple

It is the simple things in life that brings much joy but somewhere in the course of this busy life - or seeming to be busy life, I find myself not enjoying the simple things as much. I need to find myself back in that place - enjoying the simple things of life.

It is so easy for me to get caught up in the things of my day & even at times the business of staying busy, oddly that may sound but it is true, I just don't enjoy things the way I use to. I don't like that.

There was a time when my husband & I enjoyed taking walks, admiring God's creation - doing nothing - what happened? Life happens. The demands of ministry & work & then of course what seems to be the constant demands of my body telling me I need sleep often times screams louder to me than the simple things I once use to enjoy. I want to go back - or rather, I want to return to the habit of enjoying simple things.

I praise God for the opportunity tonight to go walking with my husband. We just walked & chatted. We even stopped by the park before going home & took a break on the swings. I must confess it was a bit of a challenge for me to stay focus & enjoy in the moment while my mind wanted to wander and think about the things I need to do when I get home & not to think about the coming day.

Life in Houston is fast pace. I enjoy the slowness & quietness of the East Coast. I don't compare, nor do I try to make this fast pace city like the east coast but I can certainly change the way I view & react to the fast paceness. I should not allow it to rule or dictate how I should life my life.

My husband and I are taking certain steps to take back the things we once enjoyed. We can enjoy them again, starting today.

Comments

Popular Posts