Still In Progress...

I think I have a pretty good grasp on what God has for my life, I know where I am now is not where God will have me forever but sometimes, my heart needs reminding.

I can so often get caught up in the future - the tomorrow, the next...the destination, I forget the journey - the process of maturing & the santification of my character - me shaping into more of the image of Christ - His Divine Nature. That is the ultimate goal. Some days I feel as if I fail every test God gives me horribly, but praise God I don't wallow in that, nor do I condemn myself - that is from the enemy. I simply dust myself off, ask God to renew my strength & go at it again. My God is such a good God- merciful & full of start overs. Praise God!!

Today's commentary by Dr. Harold Sala was a great reminder of where it is I need to be - in regards to my perspective & the position of my heart. The message is titled "Just Sign On & Let God Fill in the Blanks." An excerpt reads:

"After his conversion Paul spent almost ten years of his life in obscurity--an absolute waste of time, so thought some.

After three years in the desert, probably Saudi Arabia, Paul spent the next seven years of his life making tents back in his home town, Tarsus. No, he didn’t write books. He didn’t teach or lecture, and he certainly didn’t make promotional appearances. He sewed canvas and made tents. Occupational therapy? Better than that. God was remaking the man into something He could use."

What a great reminder. God is not done with me yet. Where I am now, is not where God will keep me forever. But while I am here, I will learn everything I can & praise Him.

http://guidelines.org/

Comments

Popular Posts