Word: Yet Still (12/21)

“The foundations of law and order have collapsed. What can the righteous do? But the LORD is in His holy Temple; the LORD still rules from heaven. He watches everything closely, examining everyone on earth.” Psalm 11:3-4

Regardless of the lawlessness and unthinkable deeds that are currently taking place in our society, yet still He sits on His throne. Despite the moral failings and lack of fear and reverence for God we see openly displayed, yet still He rules and reigns. Be not dismayed for He is still God!

God is not far off and unaware of the things that are taking place. God is NOT okay, accepting or tolerant of the unrighteousness, especially for those already in Christ. Soon He will come and bring justice but in the meantime. Get your life straight. And even more, He is looking for a group of Christ followers who are truly that, Christ followers. God is looking for those who hunger and thirst for righteousness that they may re-set the example and standard for the Church and for the world.

Today, take inventory of your life and ask, “Am I living a true life of righteousness according to God’s standard?” For if I am not different, I am just like everyone else.

May God help us to live right and in living right, be at peace knowing “yet still He reigns for He is a jealous God.”

Prayer: Dear Father, help me to live right. Help me to see what is not honoring to you that I may yield myself to your authority in making it right. I will answer the call to live a life of righteousness. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

Comments

Popular Posts