community

I am here in NC visiting my family -- early Christmas while attending my college roommate's wedding this Saturday.

3am the day before I was scheduled to fly out, I got sick! I am still sick now but feeling much better. There is nothing like when mom takes care of you and the entire family gets involved. When we arrived to Greensboro after flying into Raleigh, my minor cold took a turn for the worst. By the time I pulled up to the driveway of the house at 830pm, everything was spinning, I could barely hold down my dinner from hours before. My family is intense and dramatic - I suppose that is where I get it from but the entire house turned upside down to make sure I was okay. Man, it's good to be made a big deal of, once in a while :) Though I wish it were under different circumstances, it was still good. They love me, in the way I understood and receive love.

My mom's brother who is here from VN, whom I have never met made a big deal too! Too funny-he made sure our luggage was brought in and checked on me to make sure I was warm and had enough food. Not to mention a family friend who was at the house who is like a brother. Community - there is nothing like community. Something we don't see too often in the big city. I would say God created us for community, we weren't meant to do this on our own.

Family - they are funny. They are mine and I love them.

Gabby, my neice turns 1 this December. She is big and SUPER cute. Her skin is flawless, porcelean, she looks like a baby doll.

It's been good thus far, looking forward to rest.

Comments

Popular Posts