Word: Appearance (Wed. 12/23)

“People judge by outward appearance, but the LORD looks at a person’s thoughts and intentions.” 1 Samuel 16:7b

Don’t make a judgment call or assumption about someone or a situation just because of what you see on the outside. Things are not always as they appear.

Take the time to inquire of the Lord and if the Lord allows, have a conversation seeking clarification before drawing a conclusion. Who knows what you could be missing out as a result of drawing a conclusion about someone or a situation just by what you see.

Praise God for He knows and sees all things, deep within our hearts. May God help us to be a people who are alert and attentive but slow to judge.

Prayer: Dear Father, I thank you for know me from the inside out. Help me to be bold in opening my mouth when appropriate in an attempt to seek clarification lest I incorrectly make judgment. Thank you for you reveal the truth of all things. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

Comments

Popular Posts