Word for Today: Good Shepherd

“The LORD is my Shepherd, I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, He restores my soul…” Psalm 23:1-3a

Psalm 23 is probably one of the most famous chapters in the entire bible when it comes to scripture that comforts and brings peace to the soul. Once again may the Word of God comfort your soul and quiet your spirit today for whatever shaking, changes or challenges you may be facing. The Word of God speaks peace over your storm today.

What a great reminder that indeed our Lord is our good Shepherd; He provides for us, He causes us to rest, He leads us and restores our weary and tired souls. Wherever this word finds you today, rest in the Shepherd. The Great Shepherd is FOR You and He has already supplied and provided for your every need.

The scripture above speaks from the position that God has already completed what He has promised. The Word tells us that He “makes” us lie down, He “leads” us and He “restores" us.” There are no “if’s,” “maybe’s,” “I may,” “I can,” when it comes to the promises of God. It is done. So today, claim the promises of God in faith knowing and believing that He has already done what He has said He will do.

Whatever shaking or changes rumbling in your soul, your situation, circumstances, family, schooling or job, know that God is the Great Shepherd and He Shepherds your soul. Our God is our very rest so rest in the Shepherd’s love and care today.

Prayer: Dear Father, I rest in you for you are a good God and a good Shepherd. You tend to me, you defend me and you lead me into all that is good. I choose to surrender and trust in you as I obediently walk by faith. I love you my Shepherd. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

Comments

Popular Posts