Word for Today: A Word

“Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones.” Proverbs 16:24

Words are powerful. They have creative power to bring about miracles and they also have the power to tear down and bring sorrow.

God is reminding us today to be mindful of the words we allow to come out of our mouths. They can either soothe and bring healing or hurt and wound the person we speak against. Whether we speak it directly to the person or in passing to someone else, those words become alive and have the power to build or tear down.

I sense in my spirit that there is a “word” that each of us needs to speak to someone before the week is out. God is asking us to be obedient to speak that word knowing it will bring healing and restore the person. May God help us today to be obedient to speak that word whether it is a “thank-you,” “I’m sorry,” “I forgive you,” or “I love you,” speak it today.

Comments

Popular Posts