memories

I am eternally grateful to God for how He has enabled me to remember family childhood/teenage memories over the past few weeks. I have had such a hard time remembering memories, actually I couldn't remember any at all.

I praise God that He has caused and allowed many things to trigger memories that has blessed my heart and reminded me of how rich I am in love and family memories and traditions that are priceless. I am rich and blessed.

This year has been much easier being away from my family. It is interesting when I share with people how I feel towards my family. I do not miss my family in the sense of being homesick but I miss being among my own blood, my family. I can't quite explain it. My heart was warmed to remember the following:

1. Shopping the day after Thanksgiving with my sisters and mom - we don't shop crazy like how it is today, Greensboro is still a bit slower and we enjoy the real purpose of it all
2. Our youth group would go to Tanglewood to watch the festival of lights
3. Making sentimental gifts and just spending time together - nothing fancy, nothing extravagant, just spending quality time and making silly and unforgettable memories
4. Going to the mall and sharing food from the food court - going to the mall was an event in and of itself

I am blessed.

Comments

Popular Posts