Word for Today: Search (12/18)

"Search me, O God and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting" Psalm 139:23-24

Examine your heart today before God and see if your life from your thoughts, actions, words, and the deepness within your heart matches up with the Word of God.

I sense in my spirit this morning that we need to stay on guard and frequently if not daily examine the true condition of our heart towards God and especially towards the Body of Christ. No one is exempt from the potential danger of being misled and deceived by the enemy in our thinking which then becomes an action and then a habit. If we knew we were being deceived then we really wouldn't be deceived! Often times when we have been deceived and/or gave into the desires of our flesh and fail to examine ourselves, we can become desensitized or callus towards God's prompting and conviction and we find ourselves so deep and we don't even realize how we got there. God is sending a wake up call to His people today.

Examine your heart today – really examine it and be honest before your God. In humility, ask God to search your heart to see if there is anything that does not please Him and trust that He will forgive you the moment you confess and He WILL restore you. Praise God!

Wherever you are found today, God is never too far away. He is just an honest confession away. Confess today that your heart may be set free – your destiny is hinged on your obedience today.

Comments

Popular Posts