a while

It has been a while since I have last blogged a personal entry. I have a personal journal that I keep, and NO ONE is reading that one! :)

Today is a good day. God graciously reminded me of many things that I needed to hear to help me realign and refocus. God has a sense of humor, it was my very own words! Surely it was His words written through me. How convicting and challenging your very own words are. That is why I challenge many people to journal. There is nothing that gets you moving or kicks you in the butt than your own words. Praise God.

I am in a quiet season. It is a good season, but quiet. It is difficult to explain to some people because they automatically think something is "wrong" but nothing is "wrong" other than I just don't sense I need to speak. There is a time and a place for all things.

I have so moved beyond concerning myself so much with what people think or how they may perceive my actions or non-actions and simply have enjoyed being just who God has created me to be, in every season. That is the true freedom that I have in Christ and there is nothing more liberating than being FREE and being myself.

I enjoy writing, I do. As I read back on journals and blog entries, I can't help but count my blessings and see God's goodness in a tangible way. I praise God for who He is. Surely in every season and in every moment of life, He is there and He has never once taken His eyes off of me.

I am seeking God's voice for 2009. As of yet, some things are brewing but for now, all I have been instructed is to continue to do what He has placed before me.

As I look back on 2008, the words that initially come to my mind is this: He is my lifeline - my everything. I can't imagine what life would look like if God were not in it. I cringe at the thought for I would be utterly lost and essentially dead.

Last week as I was driving to work, God began to remind me of all of the blessings He has provided. Sometimes we can be tempted to look around and compare our blessings with the blessings of someone else and then we slowly begin to grumble and become ungrateful for what we do have. As I was pondering on that thought, God gently reminded me that what I have today is more than I have ever had. In Christ, we have more than enough even if according to worldly standards and physical possessions we lack, in Christ, we are rich. Before Christ we were nothing and had nothing, utterly dead. But when Christ came into our hearts, that day, we became millionaires!

Comments

Popular Posts