Word for Today: Bits & Pieces (11/25)

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the Lord. As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater so is my word that goes out from my mouth: it will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it." Isaiah 55:8-11

Have you ever felt as if nothing in your life makes "sense" or "fits?" Do you ever feel at times as if your life is this big series of random events and you can't seem to get a grasp of the "big" picture or if there is even a greater purpose or big picture to it all? Hope in God for you are not alone.

God's Word today reminds us that He is not done with your life yet. The story is not "complete" because your life is still "in progress." Don't grow weary if what you imagined or thought in your mind should have happened has not quite unfolded yet. Trust in God. He is still at work and surely He is not done with your life. If you woke up today and you still have air to breathe, God is reminding you that He still has a purpose for your life! Just because you cannot see the grand picture of all that God is preparing behind the scenes does not mean that God is not at work in your life. Don't be tempted to "leave" in the middle of the story, let the writer finish the story!

God is speaking to you today that your life has meaning and purpose. If you find yourself "stuck," confused as to the next direction or simply feeling your life thus far has been random and full of broken and "mix-matched" pieces, take heart for God is piecing it together. During the moments of our life when things seem in "bits and pieces," God is providing character and faith lessons. He is simply teaching us to trust and wait on Him when we do not see. Hope in this truth today, you are safely in the Potters' Hands. The Father has never taken His hand off of you! Halleluiah!

You are alive today for a reason. Seek Him today and simply pray this: "Dear Father, I know that my life has a purpose and meaning. Please show me today where you are at work that I may join you. Thank you for you are not done with my life yet. I choose to trust in You. In Jesus Name, Amen."

Comments

Popular Posts