Word for Today: Stand

Word for Today: Stand

The question I believe God is asking His Sons and Daughters today is “who will stand?”

Who will stand FOR Christ? Who will stand IN Christ?

There is a song that we all have heard and probably know all too well, “The Stand” by Hillsong. One of my favorite lines in the song goes like this:

“What can I say, what can I do, but to offer this heart of mine, completely to you…so I’ll stand….”

Christ is more than enough and He is sufficient. I love the line above because it speaks clearly to the Truth of how God IS more than enough, sufficient and our provider - He is FOR us and FOR our success in Him! Check this out. When God created us for a love relationship with Him and then gave us the task to go and make disciples, baptizing them…He didn’t just give us a task and leave us to our own devices to figure out how to do it. He has provided everything for us to do His will. So what does the song have to do with God providing everything we need for “Christian” living? Follow me here.

When I sing this song, this is the question and answer process that goes through my mind.

Question: “What can I say?”
Answer: I need not to say anything at all because God has already spoken for me. What He has said, in His Word is enough. I do not need to “make” up or create my “own” words. I need to stand on His word and declare it.

Question: “What can I do?”
Answer: I don’t have to do anything because God already did everything. He sent His son Jesus Christ so that I may live! All I have to do is live out the purchased life through the blood of Jesus. I need to stand on & in the blood of Jesus.

Do you see it? Often times we can complicate or try to “re-invent” or create something that has already been done. Christ has done everything. God has done His part. Praise God! Oh but wait. That is "enough" if you just want to be a saved Christian. If you desire to be a people "set a part," here is our part. There is one thing that God is requesting of us and it is a big BUT…we are to offer our heart – completely to Him; a surrendered life.

Above all else, we are FIRST called to surrender and abandon ourselves unto God. When we surrender, we essentially declare that we stand for Him and we stand with Him. And as we live a surrendered life, if God would privilege and give us the honor of being used by Him for His Kingdom, than so be it. God is not asking us to recreate something totally new. He is simply asking us today, “will you stand?” Will you stand unashamed, unhindered, and uncovered in total abandonment unto your Savior?

I promise when you choose to stand and live abandoned unto Him daily, it will be natural for God to use you for His glory! That is the prerequisite for any life desiring to be used by God far beyond what their minds could imagine.

Prayer: Dear Lord, I praise you that you have done it all. You have provided and prepared every way for me to get to you and for me to live this life the way you intended when you sent your Son to the Cross on my behalf. Help me to understand that there is nothing more valuable that I can “give” or “do” that you have not already done or could not do yourself but to give you the one thing you came to rescue is my soul, my heart, my will. Help me to surrender daily to your will and your ways; living completely abandoned. Forgive me for when I think I am suppose to “do” for you when all you are really asking is for me to surrender . In Jesus Name, Amen.

Comments

Popular Posts