Word for Today: Reward

"But whatever was to my profit I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things,. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ- the righteousness that comes from God and is by faith." Philippians 3:7-9

What an encouraging weekend God provided. For those who were able to attend the Revival Conference, I trust that God met you where you are at. Whether you were blessed by serving or God reminded you of His promise you long forgotten or He revealed a truth or revelation or if God graciously affirmed your heart of the things He has already spoken to you, we praise God and give Him all the glory. I look forward to hearing the different stories of what God has already begun in each of our hearts.

Though we all have a different "story" and our hearts may have been affected differently by the conference, I sense in my spirit God desires us to all walk away with this one word, He is our Reward.

Definition of Reward:

- Something given or received in return or recompense for service, merit, hardship, etc.
- To recompense or requite (a person or animal) for service, merit, achievement, etc.

Synonyms of Reward:

- prize, repayment, incentive, compensation, return

There is no doubt that God has been at work and we are going to begin to see even more of what He has been planning and preparing before we were even ready to receive what He is getting ready to pour forth. We will experience great results, bear fruit, bear witness to His power, His miracles and we will do great things for God such as write books, songs, make lots of money, witness and preach to thousands, etc; there is no doubt or question about that. As great as those things are, my friends, God is reminding us today that that is not our "reward."

Am I saying that we should not be joyful when we bear fruit or see results or desire to reap a harvest for God? Absolutely not. What I am saying is this, no acclaim, merit, award, attention, title or fruit that we could ever bear would ever compare to the power and reward of knowing Christ and to be found IN Him. Period. He is our Reward.

The scripture above says this: "… I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things,. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ and be found in him…"

As God graciously allows us to be a part of what He is doing and we begin to rise up and take our rightful place in the Kingdom of God, God is speaking to each and everyone of His children that He IS our ultimate reward.

When we understand that He is our Ultimate Reward – a love relationship with Him, knowing Him, being found IN Him by spending time with Him, we lay the proper foundation for Him to come and do great things in our life because we understand the things we "gain" is God's goodness to encourage us to continue to press on and in but Him alone, He is our Reward. If we were never to be recognized by the world for anything "great" we did for God but we gained Christ through a daily, intimate, passionate and intentional relationship, we have gained everything and more than we would ever need.

Be encouraged. God's principle is this: when we seek Him, we will find Him. When we find Him, we will bear fruit and do great things for Him. That's God's economy. You will bear fruit and do great things for God when you seek Him.

Today, seek God with all your heart. And as you journey with Him through the pain, the good, the bad, the victories and even moments of "failure" and mess ups, it is all good because it is in those very "dark" moments when it seems nothing but screw up and failure is all around is when you gain the most. How? Because in those very moments of "loss", you will see and find the face of God in a way you wouldn't have had that situation not come about. And that my friend, is the greatest REWARD.

Prayer: Dear Father, I thank you for you are truly my Everything. You are my Reward. No one, nothing compares to you and to the privilege and honor I have of knowing you and being known by you. Help me today to understand that the great things I do for you is not my reward. And help me to understand that the moments of loss or sadness in my life is not a "loss" in how the world would define because it is in those very moments I see you more clearly. Help me to honor you in all things, exalting you and you alone above all else. In Jesus Name, Amen.

Comments

Popular Posts